(1denotes lead author and/or lead PI, *denotes advisee author, +denotes contribution equal to first author)
Liu*, S. and G.-H. C. Ng1 (in review). Assessing plant functional trait variability across multiple tropical evergreen forest sites in the Amazon: a stochastic parameterization approach with land-surface modeling. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology.
Saberi*, L., G.-H.C. Ng1, L. Nelson*, W. Zhi, L. Li, J. La Frenierre, M. Johnstone* (in revision), Spatiotemporal Drivers of Hydrochemical Variability in a Tropical Glacierized Watershed in the Andes, Water Resources Research.
Refereed Journal Articles
19. Matson*, L., G.-H. C. Ng1, M. Dockry, M. Nyblade*, H.J. King, M. Bellcourt, J. Bloomquist, P. Bunting, E. Chapman, D. Dalbotten, M.A. Davenport, K. Diver, M. Duquain, W. Graveen, K. Hagsten, K. Hedin, S. Howard*, T. Howes, J. Johnson, … A. Waheed* (2021). Transforming research and relationships through collaborative tribal-university partnerships on Manoomin (wild rice), Environmental Science and Policy, 115, 108–115. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envsci.2020.10.010
18. Feng, X., M. J. Deventer, R. Lonchar, G.-H.C. Ng, S.D. Sebestyen, D.T. Roman, T.J. Griffis, D.B. Millet, & R.K. Kolka (2020). Climate Sensitivity of Peatland Methane Emissions Mediated by Seasonal Hydrologic Dynamics. Geophysical Research Letters, 47(17), 1–9. https://doi.org/10.1029/2020GL088875.
17. Liu*, S. and G.-H. C. Ng1 (2020). The role of spatiotemporal plant trait variability in model predictions of ecohydrological responses to climate change in a desert shrubland. Journal of Hydrology, 588(March), 125088. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2020.125088
16. Ng1, G.-H.C., C. Rosenfeld, C. Santelli, A.R. Yourd*, J. Lange*, K. Duhn, and N.W. Johnson (2020), Microbial and Reactive Transport Modeling Evidence for Hyporheic Flux-Driven Cryptic Sulfur Cycling and Anaerobic Methane Oxidation in a Sulfate-Impacted Wetland-Stream System, Journal of Geophysical Research – Biogeosciences, doi:10.1029/2019JG005185.
15. Somers, L.D., J.M. McKenzie, B.G. Mark, P. Lagos, G.-H.C. Ng, A.D. Wickert, C. Yarleque, M. Baraër, Y. Silva (2019), Climate impacts on Andean water resources using a mountain systems approach, Geophysical Research Letters, doi:10.1029/2019GL084730.
14. Liu*, S. and G.-H. C. Ng1 (2019), A data-conditioned stochastic parameterization of temporal plant trait variability in an ecohydrological model and the potential for plasticity, Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 274, 184-194, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agrformet.2019.05.005.
13. Wickert, A. D., C. T. Sandell, B. Schulz, and G.-H.C. Ng (2019), Open-source Arduino-derived data loggers designed for field research, Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 23, 2065-2076, https://doi.org/10.5194/hess-23-2065-2019.
12. Saberi*, L., R.T. McLaughlin*, G.-H.C. Ng1, J. La Frenierre, A.D. Wickert, M. Baraer, W. Zhi, L. Li, and B.G. Mark (2019), Multi-scale temporal variability in meltwater contributions in a tropical glacierized watershed, Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 23, 405-425, https://doi.org/10.5194/hess-23-405-2019.
11. Ng1, G.-H.C., A.D. Wickert+, L.D. Somers, L. Saberi*, C. Cronkite-Ratcliff, R.G. Niswonger, and J.M. McKenzie (2018), GSFLOW–GRASS v1.0.0: GIS-enabled hydrologic modeling of coupled groundwater–surface-water systems, Geoscientific Model Development, 11, 4755-4777, https://doi.org/10.5194/gmd-11-4755-2018.
10. Ng1, G.-H.C., A.R. Yourd*, N.W. Johnson, A.E. Myrbo (2017), Modeling hydrologic controls on sulfur processes in sulfate-impacted wetland and stream sediments, Journal of Geophysical Research – Biogeosciences, doi: 10.1002/2017JG003822.
9. Ziegler, B.A., M.E. Schreiber, I.M. Cozzarelli, and G.-H.C. Ng (2017), A mass balance approach to investigate arsenic cycling in a petroleum plume, Environmental Pollution, doi: 10.1016/j.envpol.2017.08.110.
8. Ng1, G.-H.C., D. Bedford, and D. Miller (2015), Identifying multiple timescale rainfall controls on Mojave Desert ecohydrology using an integrated data and modeling approach for Larrea tridentata, Water Resources Research, doi: 10.1002/2015WR017240.
7. Ng1, G.-H.C., B.A. Bekins, I. Cozzarelli, M.J. Baedecker, P.C. Bennett, R.T. Amos, and W.N. Herkelrath (2015), Reactive Transport Modeling of Geochemical Controls on Secondary Water Quality Impacts at a Crude Oil Spill Site near Bemidji, MN, Water Resources Research, doi: 10.1002/2015WR016964.
6. Ng1, G.-H.C., B.A. Bekins, I. Cozzarelli, M.J. Baedecker, P.C. Bennett, and R.T. Amos (2014), A Mass balance approach to investigating geochemical controls on secondary water quality impacts at a Crude Oil Spill Site near Bemidji, MN, Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, 164, doi: 10.1016/j.jconhyd.2014.04.006.
5. Ng1, G.-H.C., D. Bedford, and D. Miller (2014), Development of a mechanistic model and data assimilation framework for assessing desert ecohydrology, Water Resources Research, doi: 10.1002/2014WR015281.
4. Ng1, G.-H.C., D. McLaughlin, D. Entekhabi, and A. Ahanin (2011), The role of model dynamics in EnKF performance for chaotic systems, Tellus A, 63(5), doi: 1600-0870.2011.00539.
3. Ng1, G.-H.C., D. McLaughlin, D. Entekhabi, and B. R. Scanlon (2010), Probabilistic Analysis of the Effects of Climate Change on Groundwater Recharge, Water Resources Research, 46, W07502, doi:10.1029/2009WR007831.
2. Ng1, G.-H.C., D. McLaughlin, D. Entekhabi, and B. Scanlon (2009), Using data assimilation to identify diffuse recharge mechanisms from chemical and physical data in the unsaturated zone, Water Resources Research, 45, W09409, doi:10.1029/2009WR007831.
1. Y. Zhou, D. McLaughlin, D. Entekhabi, and G.C. Ng (2008), An ensemble multiscale filter for large nonlinear data assimilation problems, Monthly Weather Review, 136, 678-698.